1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

HPSInc Equipment Photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by HPSInc, Dec 7, 2010.

1. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Is that a 14 foot sure trac? how much did you get it for?
  2. HPSInc

HPSInc LawnSite Senior Member

The trailer is a 7 x 12. I got it for $2050 and with tax it came to $2270.38 I have the invoice right here hence the accurate numbers.

As for the truck, basically the old man told me I could just have it. But to give him $25.00 to make the dmv happy. I dont think they will be too happy only being able to tax me on 25 bucks. He asked me what I thought it was worth and I told him probably 2 grand or maybe 2500. And then he repeated..well, just gimme 25 bucks and its yours.

Like I said, I was lucky on this one.
  3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice stuff man.congarts on the scag.i really like it.it all looks very nice.
  4. joef450snowplow

joef450snowplow LawnSite Senior Member

i want a scag v ride soo bad, hows it run?
  5. HPSInc

well i havent really been able to do much with it other than load and unload it from my trailer. It sounds really cool though when running, & sounds very strong. I just put it in storage today so I wont be able to really give it a whirl until March or so.
  6. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Holy crap you paid $2,200 for a 7 x 12? thats rediculous. You can get a all aluminum for $2,800 lol
  7. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

Alot of trailer pricing depends on the area though. That is a fair price even in southern, indiana. The main problem here is they are hard to find 12' or 14' tandem axle trailers. Trust me, it took me along time to find mine.
  8. HPSInc

exactly..the 7 x 12 tandem I found was the only one they had. I found another place selling them for 1800 + tax but no name brand. He had atleast 100 trailers on his lot, but all no name brand. And he couldnt tell me anything other than what state he bought them from. Other places I checked wanted 2000 just for single axle 6 x 12 trailers. Trust me I looked for months, almost to the point of insanity, before buying this trailer. Its got some extras over a cheaper trailer as well. its got twice the frame support underneath from some other trailers Ive seen. I can put 5500lbs on it if I need to.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats awesome dude. I'm glad a thread that I started was able to help someone! One little tip....make sure the bolt that holds the anti scalp rollers on the mower is tight. Mine was not and I shot one of them out the side of the mower. (I'm sure this could happen to any mower, just figured I'd mention it)
  10. DollarSign

DollarSign LawnSite Member
    from MN

Wanna sell me that dump for $100? :laugh: That's insane, what engine?

Also, I love what you did on your trailer with the wood sides, I'm thinking of doing the same