1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

HPSInc Equipment Photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by HPSInc, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Goodwin lawns&Guttering

Goodwin lawns&Guttering LawnSite Member

a nice black gloss coat on those rims would look good, it would match the bed and grill and hood
  2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Spray the whole thing black. Take it by the old guy who sold it to you and tell him thanks.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. SIWEL

SIWEL LawnSite Senior Member

paint them wheels black, I think it would look a lot better
  4. HPSInc

HPSInc LawnSite Senior Member

i been giving this dump truck more attention than my old lady lately. i think shes going to get jelous if i keep painting stuff on this thing lol

the rims were white and i didnt put much thought into a color change. i sorta winged the whole thing really without any real plans of what colors i wanted. if they get dirty alot and look like crap i could always paint them. ya think the gray color would look good that i painted the truck i was considering that
  5. HPSInc

had a big trimming job last week, still have to go back tomorrow to finish. some super tall shrubs so i treated myself to some Stihl combi unit pole trimmers. Didnt have to bust out 1 ladder so that was cool.

Truck needed new tires so when I was at the tire place I looked through a magazine on the counter and ended up getting some new wheels too.

6. J Dawg

J Dawg LawnSite Member

I'm diggin' that truck bro! love the pics, keep 'em coming. :clapping:
  7. baseball9074

baseball9074 LawnSite Member

Everything looks amazing. How many yards do you maintain? I'd love to see some more pics of where you are at now.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. HPSInc

long time no update. Been busy as hell lately like im sure most of you guys are right now, atleast I hope. Just a couple things Ive added to the stash of equipment.

heres a pic of the lesco leaf loader i scooped up last fall.

my friend who does all my welding and fabricating. He made a detachable mount to the rear barn door for this to sit on. works like a charm. i dont have any good shots of it, but i will do that next time.

I bid a retaining wall job last year. they didnt give the go ahead until a few weeks ago. I needed a saw to cut a few blocks and make all the cap cuts. looked on craigslist, couldnt get a hold of anyone. renting seemed like a crap shoot and would have cost a few hundo over the 2 days I needed it. So I just bought this brand new. It worked like a champ. I didnt run the water when cutting caps. I tried but immediately realized it wasnt going to work for me. It was too messy and hard to see my line. I probably went down an inch on the cut wheel all said and done. This pic was taken after I put it to use over 2 days.

9. jmacd

jmacd LawnSite Member

Everything looks good.
    After reading your last post I think I should warn you to not use water on abrasive wheels. Get a diamond wheel and you can use water.

Very dangerous to use water on that kind of cutting wheel they can come apart. :nono:
  10. HPSInc

good to know and it does make sense. i didnt make even 1 cut with water on. the salesman advised i use the hose. said running it dry will suck up dust and could harm it. at the last company i worked for, we ran them dry. heck i dont think those even had a hose hookup on them. anyways, i hooked up the hose and held it over the first block i was going to cut. water everywhere, my line i had marked dissapeared. it took about 3 seconds to make the decision after that point to unhook the water and run it without. it was a piece of cake after that.