HS-80, Sharpened blades cant put back together?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gumby1, Aug 3, 2004.

1. gumby1

gumby1 LawnSite Member

I took apart my HS-80 to sharpen the blade and now I need a parts diagram so I can put it back together. I have tried the STIHL web page and they do not have one. Does anyone have a copy? I just need the diagram of the blade area. If you can help me please send me an email at gumby1@core.com Thanks in advance.
    David

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, I just took mine apart and put it back together. My stihl dealer has a computer program that shows the diagram for just about every piece of equipment. Try your dealer. Or drop me an email and I'll try to help you.

It's easier to put the blades, stiffner, middle spring and spacers together first, and then put it back on to the gears, if that helps. Stiffner on top, blades, spacers, spring, stiffner, screws.

:D

3. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Man.. no illustrated parts list or anything for Stihls for the consumer to view. At least other manufacturers like Shindaiwa and Poulan/Weedeater let you look up parts lists and diagrams...

Heck, even Echo has some listed...

4. mtdman

5. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

6. mtdman

Yeah, that sucks. But then again, my dealer printed out the diagram and gave it to me at the store. Definitely not a deciding factor on the purchase of the unit, considering I've taken it apart once in 7 years.

7. i just bought 2 sets of 20 inch replacements for extended fc 75 and fc 110 ...85 bucks a piece

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I don't take mine apart to sharpen them, anymore. I just use a little die-grinding wheel. It works great.

9. mtdman

I usually don't take mine apart to sharpen them either. I bought new blades for mine because the sharpening wasn't cutting it anymore. Big difference with the new blades, too.