http://nickscape.net/marino/

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by smarino21, Mar 15, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

check out my new website guys tell me if you would change anything (the pics are bad) its because i havent had any type of spring stuff on camera
    \

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Looks good, but I would not get a sponsored site. You can get your own .com address for dirt cheap now-a-days.

3. smarino21

that guy is charging me 500 to create the site i paid him 350 so far. I dont knwo what to do help me out. total of 600 cause its 100 a yr . did this guy try and screw me. Im sorry its really www.marinoslawncare.com but its not all published that is his site that its being worked on? Help me out did i get screwed?

4. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know how long it takes to make a site anymore. But I guess a day is worth a couple of hundred dollars and it must take a couple of days to get a site done.

The one thing a friend pointed out - he does websites - is that a menu should not move. He noticed it on my old site design when he took over my edits. He pointed out that my menu shifted, either due to my own alteration, or the person who built my site (more of a computer person than website person).

Right now, after a complete facelift, I think my menu is fairly rock solid. That was my own project.

I noticed that your menu shifts on my browser when I click throught the menu.

For certain, if I was going to hire a site designer to build a site, one of my absolute expectations is that the menu would not jump around at all. It's supposed to be one of the unwritten standards or professional web design.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I personally think that $500 should have got you more than that. Check mine out www.progressivelawn.com the template was free from Team Gopher. I just changed a few things to personalize it. I am not satisfied with mine yet, but it's still under construction. I am paying approx $60 a year for the domain and hosting from www.doteasy.com. I forget the exact amount because I prepaid for 5 years and it's already been 3 or 4 years.

6. smarino21

hey not to be a ball buster but is that front page pic your work or stock becaus ei just seen a buss card like that house on it i swear it was the same/?