http://www.nilssonbooks.com/ Anyone Bought these Before?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CrewCutEnterprises, Nov 12, 2008.

1. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Im looking into more Insight on the commercial bidding end of things. Im just looking for more information and more Ideas.

Any Other thoughts??

2. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep looking, I purchased it and found it to be a waste of time and money. Most if not all the info in his books can be found on LS just do a search for it. I purchased it when I first started in the business he has some basic info so you must way the cost, every little bit of knowledge is helpful, I guess when you first start. I would give a C-/D grade. Purchase Sean stuff and you will get a better value.

3. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty much a ripoff

4. CrewCutEnterprises

I have seans Information and it is great. Im looking for more information on unit pricing, or square foot pricing etc. Im triing to set up a job sheet where We know all of our rates and how to charge so I can send someone out bidding jobs for me.. Any ideas.

5. cpel2004

Unfortunately what you are looking for doesn't exist, there's too many variables, in this business its a learn as you go for the most part. If you keep good records you eventually have a price sheet to reference from, other than you are on your own. If you do decide to go with the Nilson book I will sale you mine for half price, although he did a very poor job in coming up with time standards.

6. CrewCutEnterprises

Thanks, And It does exist, No one will share their information. Your telling me all these big corporations just wing it.. Doubtful.

arg....

7. cpel2004

Ok hotdog, since you know so much..... when you find it, you let us all know Cowboy!

8. CrewCutEnterprises

:) If I knew, I wouldent ask, I would be like select few on here that tell everyone they know what they are talking about. Ill be the first to tell you I dont. Im in the process of compiling our man hours and rates and cost of each material etc, but its alot of data and It would be nice to compare to someone else.

My point is, Brickman. Your telling me they dont have a bid sheet that tells them how much to charge for each sq ft or linear ft or acre or whatever. They have to to bid the volume of bids they do. Same with Tru green. Someone knows the information, but most of the time it remains company secret.

Just triing to gather thoughts and more information.

9. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

You are 100% correct. Brickman does have a program for this. It is called COINS and I believe they had it designed specifically for them.

10. CrewCutEnterprises

Thank you... Atleast I know it exists....... There are not generic ones out there for purchase??