HUD Service Bid

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mjtrole, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Mjtrole

Mjtrole LawnSite Member

Was curious if anybody has bid on any HUD service contracts, we were invited to bid on seven low income housing projects they are looking for hourly rates and material markups. They are estimating approx 1500 hrs for service and 7k in materials.

We pretty much have labor figured but was unsure of the markup for the materials, and if any one has had larger service contracts with HUD and how they worked out for ya.

Thanks

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Have fun not getting paid...

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

You beat me to it.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Wooo , your going to need to get paid. How else ya gonna replace all the stolen tools and other supplies?

5. EagleLandscape

We are doing the turf install (35 pallets) at the fire station for my city. (3000 residents, 1200 homes, super small city). But I'm sure they pay clockwork with the way my property taxes are...

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Ive never dealth with the service of these places, but have a good friend in Phoenix that owns a few houses, rents them to Section 8 folks. He says it is the best thing hes ever seen. If the residents ever flake on their rent, they get kicked out of the program and HUD pays the difference, and any repairs.

Its the government, theyve got money (imaginary though it may be). As long as you got a decent term in your contract, I dont see why you shouldnt look in to it.

Mike or John, have you done work for them, or are you speculating on not getting paid? Its not the reisdents that are going to be footing the bill.

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, you get paid, after the reams of paperwork and six months.

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

O you will get paid.... Of corse it may take 30 years

9. EagleLandscape

I have never dealt with them for the record, and I hope I never will. With the way Obama is going... I might end up paying money to do jobs after he takes all of mine.

10. talk to dealers still waiting on their cash for clunkers money.