Hue J. Cox, cable installer

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by hoskm01, Aug 12, 2010.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Sure is. Onlycontractors on site. Whats with the hard hat , bird shhit?

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

just in case one of your guys throws a insert fitting at your head.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Do they wave a magnet at your boot toes, to check for steel?

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

No steel toed boots, but they want closed toes anyway. We could probably wear sneakers and they wouldn't say anything, but we're wearing boots. Safety meeting was a 5 minute joke. They should have just had their 5-6 items listed on a sheet of paper and had me sign it acknowledging that I read it. No climbing in enclosed spaces (meter pits) before they test it.

It's a weird deal really. We're hired by city utilities water conservation department to fix the city parks. Two different entities. So utilities is kind of a middle man to get the work done. Nice people, good efforts to get something done.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen many cable set ups that are grounded to the sprinkler system like that. I've seen them where it connects to the copper at the BFV, but it is a poly mainline in the ground and that blue PEX(?) inside the house. So not sure what the heck good it was doing.

I've taken them off the BFV when I needed to replace them, and never hooked it back up. Keep your paws off my system. :) A lot of them are grounded to the outdoor hose spigot. Once again though, if it is the PEX inside, no help, right? I'm no grounding expert nor do I play one on TV.

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Shoe/foot shots are a must.

Cant get foot to mouth anymore. Getting old.

They share an uncle!

Pretty sad display. Think I might send it over to Cox for their take.

7. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

Better hope lighting never hits that line. Cable company will send you a nice bill to replace damage in the home.

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Let 'em try it. No sign saying not to take it off. Leave my sprinkler job alone, cable has no reason to be hooked to it. They went the easiest route.

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Nor do I. If the copper from the BF at least went into the ground before switching to poly, I would think that would at least provide SOME grounding??? Right?. It almost seems like they bought that spigot just to have a piece of metal nearby. Could ave just driven a rod.