1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

HUGE, bad AZZ spiders in Iraq!! Check it out!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doster's L & L, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I went to my dealer this past week and saw a displayed picture of 2 HUGE, freeky looking insects that (i assumed) were held by his son. I asked about the things and they're called camel spiders. The guy i have working with me was curious about them and looked at the internet to find more information about these spiders. These suckers are some BAD DUDES! Not only are our men and women over there looking out for war loving rag heads and dealing with some heat that would keep the most devoted lawn man inside in the A/C, but they also have to look out for creatures that will eat their flesh in their sleep. They don't know they're being eaten because of the venom they're injected with to deaden the skin. Here's the site and you'll find out more about these monsters.http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp#photo

Here's a pic. This is the original pic i saw in the Exmark dealership, so one of the guys in the pic is his son.

Sorry, no pic. The file is too big. You WILL be impressed at the sight of these things though. Please click on the link.
  2. MoCut1

MoCut1 LawnSite Member

GOOD GOD!!!!!!!!
  3. trimmerhead

trimmerhead LawnSite Member

That's insane!!!!
  4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Did you read the info on the link to the picture of the Spider? The page comes up as "urban ledgends". It says that those pictures are not accurate, and that the Spiders are only 5" leg span. It is good size, but not the monster in the picture.

5. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

"According to most spider experts, these claims are all false."

gotta read the whole story - this site is a myth buster... still ugly spiders though
  6. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Photo programs have zoom features.

Still a nasty thing to have in your bed.:eek:
  7. Doster's L & L

LOL Woops! :eek: I guess i need to start reading the whole story.

Well, thank God our soldiers DON'T have to deal with the creatures that i thought they had to deal with!

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I think these were the spiders they were eating one night on Fear Factor.
  9. DALMlawn&landscaping

DALMlawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TX

they have guns dont they? (soldiers)
  10. Doster's L & L

...LOL I sure as heck hope the spiders don't have guns!! :D If so, that would exceed ALL levels of suck then.