1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Huge hedge trimming job I had today

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by pdenney11, May 6, 2008.

1. pdenney11

pdenney11 LawnSite Senior Member

I had to take a foot off the top of this thing. I had to use a eight foot ladder. It ended up being a PITA. I think I underbid the job. Customer let me put the debris in her trash can so I didn't have to haul anything off, that was the only plus. I agreed to trim it every three weeks. I should make my money back on the job the next time I do it though. This first cut was tuff though.

IMG00049.jpg

IMG00050.jpg

2. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Do you have an extended reach hedge clipper? They make life so much easier for hedges like this one.

3. pdenney11

I used a Ryobi 26cc, 22" hedge trimmer. Yeah something longer would have been great. I will probably investing in something with a little longer reach after this job.

4. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

i bought a redmax extreme unit with the hedge trimmer attachment. AWESOME. make stuff like this so much easier

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I have a stihl HC-100 extended hedge clipper and that thing is so nice. Cuts down on time big time.

6. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

how much did you get for trimming that hedge row?

I don't want to burst your bubble, but that really is not that big. From the time you get there till you finish cleaning up and drink a cold bottle of water that would have been a 2 hr job for one guy.

7. pdenney11

Yeah it was a 2 1/2hr job, and compared to what I normally trim that was a big job for me. There is another row on the other side of the fence that looks the same but it is about half as long. $85.

8. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

With that Ryobi, that's a hell of a job.

9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

You should see some of the hedge jobs we do. I have one job that has a privacy hedge around the entire back yard and its 200' long 14' high and 8-10' across.

10. bobcat52

bobcat52 LawnSite Member

Definetly way too low on the price. I would have charged at least $145 for that. Next time bid them like you dont need them!