1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CSRA Landscaping, May 10, 2001.

1. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys are gonna love this. I got turned down for a clean-up yesterday because, get this, I'm too young. Apparently a 23-year-old with 1 year in business means to some that you prob. don't know the ropes. It was actually funny to me. I am supposed to be getting some other work from them, though, so it's ok with me.
  2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

ohh to be 23 again ....;->
  3. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I expect similar problems soon except they will be telling me I am too old!!
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

CSRA, having before and after pictures of your work will help in getting jobs. When they tell you that you are to young, show them that you can handle the job and show them your pictures. I am doing this, but it is like Gary's future problem, they might tell me I'm to old. ;)

Gary, I just checked your birthday and you are 10 years younger than me, so you should have at least 10 more years before you hear that since I haven't heard it YET. :)
  5. i am almost 19 now (still 18) been doing this stuff since i was 12. if somebody told me that i was too young to do this stuff, i would just explain to them that i have x many years of experience and have had special schooling for tree work and whatever. i never really have anybody that says i cant do it cause of age though.
  6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Jeff, any chance the owner has a 20 year old daughter and a swimming pool....?
  7. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

No, her daughter is almost 16, and no pool. I would hope that she wouldn't be THAT paranoid, esp. seeing as how I'm married with my 2nd child on the way. :D I think that shows that I'm quite happy where I am.
  8. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

never had that happen before, but some people do ask (because i'm only 19) how much experience i have and i tell them i have been in business for 5 years. gunna start to use before and after pics to help get more sales because people are getting cheaper around here.