1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hulling Mowers/Equipment on Dump Trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Phishook, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Would it be practical to pull a dump trailer for a regular mowing day?

It seems it would be OK, maybe a little extra weight. It has two foot sides, and looks about 10-12' long.

What should I look for on these trailers?
  2. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Good question, Phish. I've been thinking about the same thing, myself. I have yet to see anyone around here doing it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work out. who knows, maybe if I get one and start everyone will jump on the band wagon (er trailer).....

More imput from anyone????
  3. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Its like you have a 2 in 1 deal. But yea i would use it, it sure beats my 6x10. I'm having a hard time fitting everything in it.
  4. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I saw a sweet 14 or 16 foot dump trailer that was bought then modified after by I believe the same company that made it. It had 2 foot mesh sides atop the usual side walls, painted green and had a 2 way mesh gate that had pins on top and bottom so it acted as a gate and a dump tailgate. I think it cost close to 6k for the whole thing, it was sweet though.
  5. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I stopped and looked at it today. Wasn't as big as it looked. It was only about 5x8.

Everthing looked to be in good shape, except the paint.

What would something like this go for?