Human Urine for fertilizer.

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Think Green, Jul 14, 2012.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I would think the issues of Heavy Metals in our waste would be the no-no factor.

That's what I've always heard as the reasoning behind it not being used as fertilizer.

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Piss on this thread...
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

4. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

As far as urine as a fertilizer is concerned, I like your thinking. However as I'm sure you're aware, diets of different types of people can be quite different from one another. For example, a meat-eating, beer drinking indivual would likely have vastly different urine than a vegetarian. Relative pH levels of human urine cannot be relied upon to be consistant from person to person. every diet is different.
    However, there IS a very smart, productive destination I know of for (any mammal) urine. That destination would be the top of your backyard compost pile! :waving:
  5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone of you guys run piss in a ride on? Results?
  6. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

At the commune, it's my job to urinate on the compost pile. We use it on the garden.

I pee in the tomatoes all the time.
  7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Never coming to dinner at you house Doc.:usflag:
  8. lawn2012start

lawn2012start LawnSite Member

trust me you pee on something as far as plants or dirt you are doing the samething the dogs are doing. maybe in china or mexico.
  9. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the responses.
    I figured this thread was pissed on and swept under the rug as most is.
    I was curious as to Cultural practices of the Asian, English, Russian garden's have performed this practice for centuries. I guess from the responses earlier, the member's thought that the ideal was snake oil.
    I thank you for all the responses as I will continue to do my own research and maybe find a way to produce another natural product for commercial sales.
  10. lawn2012start

lawn2012start LawnSite Member

just think if we could get cars to run on urine.