Humble Beginning

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Drl3743, May 18, 2011.

1. Drl3743

Drl3743 LawnSite Member

This isn't really my very first year in the business. My brother and I used to mow a few clients throughout high school and now that I'm working through college I am starting out on my own.

I have a new Red Hawk 48in belt drive walk behind, Husqvarna 21, Echo trimmer, Husqvarna blower. I'll post more work pictures as I get them.

I've been checking this site pretty often and so far I have found lots of useful tips. Thanks!

142.jpg

0517111139aa-1.jpg

0517111140a.jpg

143.jpg

2. RandallM

RandallM LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Beautiful cut!! I don't care what you have, if you can do that you will get the business for sure. Happy cutting!:drinkup:

3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Really nice job! Good luck,

4. Dodge91

Dodge91 LawnSite Member

Nice stripes man

5. nvc0117

nvc0117 LawnSite Member

Nice stripes How do you like the Redhawk?

6. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Darn nice set up! Good luck, you will grow fast with those stripes

7. Drl3743

Drl3743 LawnSite Member

So far I like the Red Hawk a lot. My first commercial mower was a toro proline 44''. The red hawk is really comparable to the toro, the belt drive and transmission are pretty close to the same if not exactly the same. This one has a bigger engine and plenty of power for me. The only thing I don't enjoy is that it's hard to raise and lower the deck evenly. The mower is set up so that you add and remove spacers to the front wheels to lower or raise it (this is the easiest way, the others include removing the blades and adding spacers there) they say that just changing the front wheels height won't affect the cut but I really think the pitch is important, so I really just make sure to cut everyone at the same height. But all in all its a great mower for the price.

8. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good keep it up.

9. Drl3743

Drl3743 LawnSite Member

Here's a better picture of my equipment.

equipment.jpg

10. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

Is your trimmer bent or is it just the pic?