Humic Acid

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by SUPRASPORT, Apr 21, 2005.

1. SUPRASPORT

SUPRASPORT LawnSite Member

Does anyone here use humic acid as soil amendment, and has it made a noticeable difference?---Todd

2. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Todd, yea we use it on sandy soils mostly [ for lawns] and in landscaped beds with broadleafed evergreens and hydranga....Noticeable differance, well not in the terms of useing a chelated iron for clorosis. Over all it seems to be a readily avalible neutrient supplement [ like seaweed], long term areas we use it appear to be better [ after 3-6 months]....hope this is helpful, regards :)

3. SUPRASPORT

SUPRASPORT LawnSite Member

Nocutting-Where do you get it and how do you apply? (spray, granular, powder,concentrate)

4. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

5. nocutting

Hi Todd there are 2 ways to go about this, I get a liqued from a local "Arborist Supply", PTS,[ Professional Tree Surgeons] in Lindenhurst, NY....Sorry I dont have there # off hand....The 2nd option is to make it outa a compost pile of leaf mold with out any grass clippings...I'll look up that #, regards Saxon

6. nocutting

Hey Natty?, thanks for the site, I hate buyin retail, always pefer goin to the source, thanks again, Saxon

7. FLD

FLD LawnSite Member

Nocutting - we buy the SP-85 (granular) and then mix it ourself. The shipping is way cheaper, but you have to mix it and then let it sit for a day to let the solids settle out.

8. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

9. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I work at Organic Approach too, just don't know how it is on lawnsite about advertising....Give a call and talk to either Erik and go from there.

10. Green Quality

Green Quality LawnSite Member

payup Here is the true source for real (Industry humic acid) made by -bio-micro-organism.Product called (Garden magic) -Allegheny Process Systems -ask for edd kerr ,(304-296-0094),tell them shawn sent ya!whole sale!!!!!!! payup