HumVee with a Boss

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by whartford, Dec 19, 2000.

1. whartford

whartford LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I saw a Humvee with a Boss V-plow todat. Pretty cool looking. They also had a backhoe knoking down the 12 ft piles of snow they had piled up right next to the main road. Guess the city made them do that for visibility reasons. I'll get a picture of the hummer if I see it again.

Bill

In NW Indiana, wishing I had a plow.

2. Psyclopse

Psyclopse LawnSite Member
    from In

I'd like to see a picture of that. What part of Indiana are you from? I'm in Fairmount, just a little south of Marion.

3. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

Hummer with a plow, someone stole my idea of a dream truck!

Its got to be a surplus hummer, I looked into one and at anywhere from $80,000 to $112,000.00 its a bit expensive.

Maybe someday !!!

If you can, get pics, would like to see it myself.

4. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Meyer has some plows for hummers.I would not buy a retired army hummer,very very basic!It is much cheeper to come up here to Canada.They sell 4 year old hummers for about $80,000-100,000 CDN Which is about $60,000-80,000 US.There was a fullyloaded hummer wagon for sale near my city selling for $60,000 CDN!!!!!!?Why pay the same amount or more for a 10 year old army hummer,when you can get one up here around 5 years old and fully loaded for the smae price???Just a thought!Those hummers would be wicked!!!!!

5. Deere John

Deere John LawnSite Senior Member

If I remember right, a Hummer's track width is 8 feet wide. I guess the plow would have to be 9' to cover well during corners.

6. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Don't buy an ex-military HMMWV !!! Beside being bare-bone basic, we beat the snot out of them!! By the time we get rid of them, they've seen their days! We get rid of them for a reason, and with the low military spending in euipment areas right now, we run them till it costs more to run them them buy another.

Besides that we have some real screwy mechanics in the service. Don't get me wrong, some have been some of the best I've seen, but some, you can't tell if they did the work with a ratchet or a hatchet.

I wouldn't want to own anything they had their hands in!!

Keep on dreaming though, it nevers hurts anyone!!

7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

The local Humvee dealer equips half his stock with Fisher minute mount units.

You cannot buy a surplus hummer unless a state or local agency has had it first, then its my understanding they must be returned to US Govt where they are crushed or quartered.

8. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

HMV is the DOD nomenclature for the vehicle.
    Hummer is the civilian version of the vehicle built by AM General.

New ones run $65-85,000 depending on equipment and deal negotiated.

9. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Actually you can own former army hummers or HMMVW as they are know as in the army.BUT!!!!!You must be very very careful!!!!!!!

thelawnguy-you have it somewhat right.The military has restictions on certian vechicles,including the HMMVW.Certian HMMVW's,jeeps,6x6's ect are branded for destruction.Which means if you go to an auction and pay out $10,000 for a hummer and think you got a wicked deal,you may be in for a suprise.After you pay for the hummer you will receive a notice to have the hummer or jeep or what ever you bought to be crushed.That would stink!A $10,000 cube of scrap metal in your driveway :)You must research before you buy!!!!!There are sevral websites that list which military vechicles can be bought and driven,and which have to be crushed.I thought I would let all of you know before you mounted you plow to your cube of metal :)

10. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

fire house about 20 minutes away has a hummer and they have a plow for it. one of the only stations that has a hummer around here i think and its definitly the only one that has a plow around here. if i can ill get some pics for you. in my opinion i would not want to plow with it since its so much money, but thats just my opinion.