Hung door hangers today!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TeamYardsale4, Mar 18, 2013.

1. TeamYardsale4

TeamYardsale4 LawnSite Senior Member

Well I waited and waited to do my first advertising ever, hung 500 door hangers in specific areas that I picked based on home values, my mowing route from last year and just location. Hoping I didn't drop the ball on this because tonight we are suppose to get 3-5" of snow with another 1-3" to follow Tuesday! Wish me luck haha but at the end of the day today will more then pay for itself if I just get 1 new client out of it so I won't complain!

2. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck! i feel you i put out a little over 1000 thursday and friday with 60 degree weather only to go out and push snow this morning. Haha we will see got three bids to do this afternoon hope i land them!

3. TeamYardsale4

Haha well I'm glad I'm not the only one! Best of luck to you as we'll

4. TeamYardsale4

Wow I guess some people do think of there lawn even though we just got 8" of snow today! Got 2 calls for estimates in 24 hrs, I'm pumped right now, just gotta land them for the right price

5. dnc19694339

dnc19694339 LawnSite Member

How many hours does it take to put out 500?

6. TeamYardsale4

Took me by myself 4.5 hrs, about half were pretty close to each other then the other half the lawns are bigger so more distance between houses, I will tell you what my legs are sore as hell today haha

7. Paul's Green Thumb

Paul's Green Thumb LawnSite Member

Hey did you get any more calls? I'm real curious re: response percentage for this kind of advertising.

8. torquelandscaping

torquelandscaping LawnSite Member

I put out 500 last weekend with no call backs. Maybe in a few more weeks
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Paul's Green Thumb

Paul's Green Thumb LawnSite Member

It really is like fishing, isn't it? Lul :)

10. torquelandscaping

torquelandscaping LawnSite Member

Yep, just waiting for a bite.
    Posted via Mobile Device