1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hung door hangers today!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TeamYardsale4, Mar 18, 2013.

1. TeamYardsale4

TeamYardsale4 LawnSite Senior Member

No more calls today just the 2 that I need to give estimates on Thursday for! Thanks to google maps I already know damn close what gonna estimate the lawns at so hopefully I will be able to sell my services good,

2. TeamYardsale4

Since this is my first time giving estimates to people I don't know, (last did lawns for family,friends mainly) should I ask the prospected client if they payed for lawncare last year and how much they payed or just ask what there budget is? Any tips def appreciated guys thanks

3. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

Taping door hangers/flyers on newspaper boxes so that it sticks out to the potential client. How does that sound? I know that many people do not look in their newspaper boxes (most of them are filled up with weekly papers that nobody cares to look at). So i was thinking to save time & to have something stick out, just tape them onto the box? I feel like most people wouldn't care if it was taped on to the plastic newspaper box that someone else stuck in the ground for that paper. Let me know what you guys think about this idea?

4. TeamYardsale4

I didn't put any of mine on newspaper boxes, I put them all on door knobs of there homes!

5. torquelandscaping

torquelandscaping LawnSite Member

Not many newspaper boxes here in St. Louis...tossed in yard.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

Last year i had issues with them flying off the door knobs. A lot of people don't have screen doors in my area.

7. TeamYardsale4

It made me nervous about them flying off too, especially since that damn snow storm was coming in and the wind started picking up, but I'm planning on doing another round to the same houses in about a month! Not everyone is thinking about there lawns now so I figured I would do 2 different rounds, first ones were pre spring, and that was the message in a nut shell, next ones will be more urgent and to the point of calling ASAP

8. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm doing 35,000 door hangers this year. I want to get 80 clients from that

9. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there a big advantage from a 6" to a 8 " broader for lawn mower blades ?

10. West Texas Oasis

West Texas Oasis LawnSite Member

We don't have have newspaper boxes here.. but I'm assuming they are out near the curb. But from a customers standpoint.. if someone is too lazy to walk to the door... what kind of quality work are you going to get from them? If I had a flyer taped to my mailbox by the curb.. it would go straight in the trash.