Hunter ACC Decoder Controller?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jcom, Jun 24, 2006.

1. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

We are looking at a large commercial project and are need the controller to be able to be run by computer.

How does the decoder setup work? Ads say that it reduces cable needed but I don't know how the system works.

Where can I get detailed info on the controller? Hunter website shows only the bare minimum of info.

Thanks,

John

2. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

We have two bids out with ACC timers but have yet to use one. If you do use it then do a follow up with your opinion.

inhidding.jpg

3. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Pittsburgh, PA

Installed a Rain Bird decoder system 2 summers ago with a Rain Bird MDC-200 controller. Already had to replace it once (under warranty, & inconveniently right after the landscaper sodded) & I cannot operate the controller without the manual in my hands. It's been a nightmare. As a Rain Bird "Select Contractor", it is difficult to say this, but I sure hope Hunter has done a better job with their decoders. There is another company that specializes in decoders - Tucor. www.Tucor.com. Tucor was installed on a massive new Cabela's store in West Virginia & I heard that it is pretty much problem free. Check out their website - pretty informative on decoders.

Rob