Hunter ACC random cycles

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by LwnmwrMan22, Aug 22, 2013.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Local school I maintain called the other day, 2 different zones were running at the same time during soccer / football practice. Happened again tonight during a soccer game, possibly same zone, can't confirm, but same field.

Went through the controller, everything programmed right, yet the random trigger of the zones.

Any thoughts beside waiting until morning, calling Hunter?

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

did ya test the taps on clock to see if there was juice to both? Then test again with wires disconnected to confirm clock is putting juice to both zones?

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

When you performed your diagnostic measurements did you notice any low resistance measurements or high amperage measurements to indicate a short?

Additional program?

4. Rcn971

Rcn971 LawnSite Member

Haven't had much experience with the ACC conventional modules for multi strand, but the I Core modules have been failing in the field and will send output to two terminals simultaneously on different modules.

5. HunterTekGeek

HunterTekGeek LawnSite Member

Hi. I know you checked the programming but there is something Hunter calls "SSG's" or Simultaneous Station Groups. You can group 1, 2, 3, or 4 stations together. When it is time for that group to come on it will fire those stations simultaneously. Try this. Start with dial on "System Off". Push and hold blue "Information Button". Turn dial to "Set Program Overlap Options". Release the blue button. Cruise through SSG1 through SSG 20 and see if any stations are assigned to groups. If yes, delete them from the group and assign the stations "normal" individual run times versus the SSG Group run times. If you need help deleting them, call Hunter. Might be easier by phone and I'm not sure I can get back to the forum today. 800-733-2823 Good luck!

6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey thanks for posting this.....