1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hunter and Orbit

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jbell36, Aug 7, 2012.

1. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

that sums it up...

2. soafone

soafone LawnSite Member

FYI, Hunter PGP clones are available from China. They are exact copies for pennies on the dollar. There are also Rainbird copies available. They are probably made by the same factories that manufacture parts for Hunter and Rainbird's assembly plants.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

You gotta be kidding...

I think Orbit / Watermaster and the new Hydro-Rain might be related... they used to have manufacturing facilities in the same neighborhood, not sure if they still do.

I'll bet that Hunter either manufactures for Orbit or that there's a licensing agreement, but I don't think they own them.

Here:
    The company makes irrigation products such as sprinklers, timers, and valves for the residential and commercial markets. Orbit also makes low volume and micro irrigation products that focus on conserving water. The company's brands include SunMate, Arizona Mist, DripMaster, and WaterMaster. Its more than 2,000 products are sold globally in more than 40 countries. Orbit has manufacturing facilities in the US and in China. Products can be found in retail stores such as Home Depot and Wal-Mart. Holding company Pro-Mark owns Orbit Irrigation.

Officers:
    President and CEO: Kent C. (KC) Ericksen
    CFO: Paul Archibald
    Chief Conservation Officer: Stuart Eyring

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

5. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

I think the Chinese are producing the rotators for both Hunter & K-rain and Orbit.

It's all becoming a commodity item, like computer chips. Screw quality, whoever is cheapest :dizzy:

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

well, thanks for the clarification. i had no idea, but i would swear they were litteraly a clone, with cheaper parts made by hunter for big box stores since no reputable irrigation store would carry them imo, and none that i know of do

7. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Aspersor de turbina

8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Hunter makes all of theirs in either the US or some in Mexico. Rain Bird makes a lot in China now and moved most everything from their Arizona plant. Mexico for RB too.

9. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Hmm... good to know.

Hunter made in the USA and the prefere choise id rainbird made in China or Mexico. :dizzy:

10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Given the choice of Mexico vs China... I will buy Mexcican made.