hunter arc adjustment

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by grassmasterswilson, Jul 5, 2012.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Tried to adjust my irrigation heads at my house. I've got a mix of rotor irrigation heads some are hunter and the others are rain bird(i think). I can adjust the arc of the non hunter models by a screw, but I need a hunter tool to adjust the arc on the hunter models.

Is there a certain hex wrench that I can use? Should I just replace the few hunters with a different model?
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

try a 1/4-inch screwdriver
  3. Do a search for the Irritool. All the adjustment tools in one folding holder. Put pigtails in with your search as well. Irritool and pigtails
  4. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Its a allen head. Couldnt tell you what size because im sitting in my recliner and not in my truck right now.

I usually dig them up and put a rainbird head in..
  5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

The wholesale houses here give the arc adjusting tool to customers for FREE. I have a bunch of them in the shop.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

No irrigation supply stores here. I may go to lowes and see why type rain bird heads they have. Then I should be able to fix/repair them as lowes should have the parts.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Ah big red how goes it. I still have nightmare visions of your copperhead bite.
  8. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

While I was on vacation I wandered into a Home Depot. Rainbird now sells the 5000 there and Toro sells their new soil moisture sensor along with their stream nozzle. :hammerhead:
  9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

what part of "try a 1/4-inch screwdriver" don't you understand? - you need the Hunter tool to lift a head, but a flat-blade screwdriver is just fine for adjusting arc
  10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

what he said. Even those of us with 30 keys in each truck use a screwdriver on older heads that may be somewhat clogged.