Hunter at Home Depot

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irrig8r, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

bring back Safe-T-Lawn :)
  2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah but.... the MP Rotator has been around since 1987, no thanks to Hunter of course, and so Rain Bird was the initator... K-Rain is now advertising one too.

The only new concept in nozzles is the one from Toro... but I stopped using Toro spray heads over 10 years ago. A contractor friend in the L.A. area swears by the new ones though.
  3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I like the new Precision spray nozzles. And they have female thread models as well for RB and all other heads.
  4. esnipe8

esnipe8 LawnSite Senior Member

They are pretty nice. We have put in probably over a 1000 with good results.
  5. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah... that's just one product... there are plenty of others that Hunter has quickly copied from RB and Toro.....

And believe it or not I've seen prototypes from waaaay back in the day of a product like the MP rotator that Rain Bird choose not to further develop..... The irrigation industry is incredibly incestious so to speak..... the people move from company to company frequently and so do the ideas....
  6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Looked at one system last week for a redesign, and the originals were Safe-T-Lawns. Only one left, all others were older PGPs.

Nice PVB in the basement between the floor joists too. Told him we need to move and replace. I can't even tell what brand it is, never seen it before. Hopefully we do the job for him.
  7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Is it a little 3/4 with no shutoffs?
  8. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

Really? since 1987? I had thought they came out in the last 8 years or so.
  9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

It was a 1", kind of big actually, no shut offs.
  10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

My recollection is that they were first used in ag.

BTW, did Hunter abandon this idea?

And did Hunter make these for Walla Walla before they bought them up?

Also, looks like maybe Hunter has repurposed the old PS body to make the "Eco-Rotator"?