Hunter Controller

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ZX12R, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Toro Custom Command controller for my front yard and all the beds on my property. I am adding zones for the rear property and decided to buy a Hunter Controller the other day.

It's an X-Core....model #XC-800-I. I was surprised how small it is.It's about 6" wide and 6" tall. It may not be the top of the line,but,it should suit my needs just fine. Anyone here using it and if so,whats your opinion of it?

Attached is a pic of it installed in my shed.

116.jpg

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It looks like the inheritor of the "entry-level" status for Hunter controllers - the small size and display are definite drawbacks, in my view. No cover, either, makes it look cheapish.

3. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I really like the offsets.. I'm sure someone will chime in shortly..

4. ZX12R

Do you really need a cover for interior use?

5. ZX12R

Offsets are there for a reason or I would not have used them.:)

6. Wet_Boots

I'm addressing the professionals who want to install something beyond the usual Home Depot products.

7. ZX12R

I did not know the big box stores sold these controllers.

8. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I might not be doing alot of irritation anymore.. But let me stir the pot some :D anything is better then a toro controller.

9. Wet_Boots

maybe not in NJ, but they sell Toro controllers for certain, and one of the features of the stuff I install is that controllers have a cover with the operating instructions on the inside, which is something they might not find at a home center

10. ZX12R

You guys are a tough crowd,but,as always,I appreciate all your advice even though Wet_Boots basically called my controller "junk". I guess I will have to live with 2 "junk"controllers.:cry: