1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hunter Controller

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ZX12R, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

That Hunter controller I have is an indoor model.The same controller in an "outdoor" model.does come with a cover. I guess Hunter sees no need for a cover on indoor models,but,I do see your point as a professional selling to a homeowner,where they will most likley need a manual close by.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

an outdoor X-Core controller, with a cover, is about $20 more, which is a lot to pay for something I got gratis with the SRC controllers

I don't think it is junk. I think it looks junky, which is their transparent motivation for me to install the Pro-C controllers instead.

3. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like a cheap Hunter controller.
    The PVC 45's look like crap.
    At least it's in a shed.
    Good thing you saved the box.

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Don't worry, for an entry level controller, that one is just fine. Small display is my only gripe about it. Works fine when I see it and program it.

5. Wet_Boots

I think Hunter just wanted to sell more Pro-C controllers, so they had to trash the SRC line

6. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

X Cores are ok for entry level, but it looks naked without a cover. As already stated there is a quick guide on the inside of the cover which is useful for homeowners. I have replaced 2 of them at jobs in the past 6 months where they were not working. One had power supply issues, and the other one the dial would not move to the correct setting. I turned the dial to set the time etc and nothing happened. I had to jiggle it to get it to work.

7. ZX12R

Once I paint all the pvc gray,you will not know the difference. The box will soon be fed to the fire.

8. Wet_Boots

I think all controllers with a dial will have a possibilty of that "have to jiggle" problem. Jiggle-free dials cost real money.

9. ZX12R

Damn,I take my box burning statement back.:laugh: Well,if I do have problems,the supply house will take it back no problem,even without the box. We shall see what happens down the road.

10. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

This one was really bad! It would take me 5 minutes of trying to get it to do what it was supposed to do each time I wanted to adjust something.