Hunter Controller

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ZX12R, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Good point on the flexible conduit,I do not know why I did not think of that:hammerhead:. I used the 45's because I catch a stud in 3 places starting with the controller ending at the el.

Yes the controller came with a 24v adapter,its just not plugged in yet. Yes,zone wire is in the conduit.The outlet is to the left of the controller,its just out of the pic.

2. ZX12R

Its been working for 3 years now with no problems. Even if it stopped working,I cannot complain as it was given to me by a rep at the supply house.:rolleyes:

3. ZX12R

4. ZX12R

Handle what answer? The worst thing said was that the 45's look like crap. No big deal for me. I welcome all comments good and/or bad. If I come across angry to you in any way,I assure you that I am not. Many of the people who have replied here have helped me with other things in the past.

I am happy:)

5. ZX12R

LOL,wow,you think its that bad? If it breaks in that time frame,it is junk.I mean,after I program it,I will not touch it for about 6 months.

6. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

The X-Core Hunter controller is available at Home Depot in my area. You can also purchase the Solar Sync if you wish to upgrade to ET Control.

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

They must have updated it in hopes it will replace the soon to be dropped src.It used to be named something else and was sold maily in europe and at that time wasnt remote compatable. Like Dan said , its a cheapo like the ESP.

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Just replaced a Hunter XC, not XCore, with an indoor RB-ESPm about an hour ago. First ESP I've seen like this, and maybe Dan can tell me if it's new or a temp deal. The cord was not an external transformer. The controller was just like the outdoor model, internal transformer, except no locking cabinet. And it had a pre-installed white cord for power supply. I preferred it over the external transformer, and the skinny wiring to it. Plus I liked it being attached already.

9. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I've gotten them like that recently as well. I think they've changed over to that completely now. Earlier this year, they had a survey card in the box to ask how we liked it.

I'd like to see them do the same thing for the outdoor ESP-M, putting in the pigtail can be kind of a pain and it makes sense that if they're going to wire in a cord for the indoor model they'd do it for the outdoor model as well. They probably won't though, so that you can still have the option to easily hard wire the outdoor model.

10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I probably would have used a pigtail into an outlet instead of hardwiring. Easier to change out when it fails.