Hunter Controller

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ZX12R, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Izzat the outdoor version?

2. waterhead88

waterhead88 LawnSite Member

Didn't check. Only ever tried an early one. Once was enough. Saw the same that it could be 100 degrees for a week. Two cloudy days and the water would plunge.

3. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Check the Region and Factor (or whatever it's called) settings on it. I've found that region 3 and the factor set somewhere between 7 and 9 work best for Tx. A lot of people will set them to region 4 thinking they'll get more water but that actually does the opposite.

Also, they work on a 3 day average so a couple of cloudy days will effect them down. I don't think the sensor is a thermometer but rather just senses whether or not it's sunny.

They're better than just a rain sensor but they're still pretty crude.

4. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Will do. Appreciate the info.
    The local Hunter Tech who will remain nameless D set it up.

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Im running them at 3 water 9 and they are still too greedy.

6. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

AI, you need to turn your water down some. Try 3/7 or 3/5 and see how it does.

7. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

As I mentioned earlier,I brought the X-Core 8 station back and got the Hunter PCC900i. I feel better now,the x-core was a tad small.

IMG00097-20110726-1534.jpg

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Hope you aren't running high and low voltage wiring in the same conduit. :nono:

9. S.O.Contracting

S.O.Contracting LawnSite Member

His clock doesn't have any power yet. The blank display is kinda a give away. Probably just gonna use a pigtail to the outlet. Or the external transformer supplied with an indoor pro-c.