Hunter "Fly-in"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Mar 15, 2007.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, not flying but driving because we're close enough. (Gonna hate the LA traffic when we get down there.) Leaving in about a half hour for San Marcos for a two day tour of the Hunter complex. I'll make a report when I get back and I'll try and take some pics. :)
  2. Last time I did that I ended up with a pocket of 1 dollar bills, a new putter, and a beautiful PGP that I made myself.....

Good dinner in gaslight district of SanDiego and a trip to SeaWorld....ahhhh those were the days....
  3. OKSooner

OKSooner LawnSite Member

Cool. We'll be waiting.
  4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

No fair at all :(
  5. Well your gone by now, but enjoy and make the wife drive.
  6. PurpHaze

What a fantastic experience! I'll post info and pics in a little bit as soon as I get them organized. :)
  7. Beartooth

Beartooth LawnSite Member

I agree, I went to the Hunter Campus last March. I was very impressed!
  8. PurpHaze

A campus it is!

Hunter currently has eight buildings in the commercial complex and a new distribution warehouse building will be opened by the end of the year. Everyone we met (from VPs and product line managers down to the guys and gals working the assembly lines were cordial and answered any questions we had. Blew me away when a line would shut down because their goal was to answer anything we asked. There was also no restrictions on taking pictures anywhere in the campus we wished.

They make everything from the plastic injection molders either they've built themselves or from a few newer ones that were built for them by a German company. They also make all their molds for the injectors and some of them are valued at $300k. They have an impressive quality control department that can shut down a line if minute tolerances aren't met. Their testing sections can also shut down lines if the specifications aren't met.

They treated us like royalty... from putting us up at the La Costa Resort and Spa (my room had a balcony that overlooked the North Course #1 green), to dinner night out in Del Mar (plenty of wine and other drinks) and catered meals at the factory site. Every time we gathered in the educational center for discussions someone was taking notes on any concerns or suggestions we had.

I'll post pictures tomorrow which will explain a lot of what actually goes on down there.
  9. PurpHaze

First set of pictures is of the general landscaping around the Hunter Campus buildings. It was impeccable. Joke was that they have to keep an eye out for competitor manufacturers slipping in at night and replacing Hunter heads with their own. :)

Hunter Campus Landscaping IV-01.jpg

Hunter Campus Landscaping IV-02.jpg

Hunter Campus Landscaping IV-03.jpg

Hunter Campus Landscaping IV-04.jpg

Hunter Campus Landscaping IV-05.jpg
  10. PurpHaze

This set is the La Costa Resort and Spa where we were put up. The last picture is our group with Sam Perez, our Hunter rep, on the right just before heading for Del Mar to a great restaurant. (Maybe some day I'll tell you about the fantastic wine I had.) I'm the "tall midget" in the middle. :laugh:

We did not pay for anything on either the trip down/up or during our stay. The whole bill was on Hunter as a way of saying "thanks" to us.

Hunter - La Costa Resort IV-01.jpg

Hunter - La Costa Resort IV-02.jpg

Hunter - La Costa Resort IV-03.jpg

Hunter - La Costa Resort IV-04.jpg

Hunter - La Costa Resort IV-05.jpg