Hunter has new 3500 series mp rotators.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by grassman177, Jul 21, 2013.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

anyone else see this? i was browsing the site and was looking at the specs on mps once again and noticed the tab labeling the 1000,2000, 3000 and the 3500.

these are rated at 35 ft, which makes them a much better changeout and design actractive head. wishing i could use the 3000 in many places to replace rotors, but spacing was not far enough on the 3000s.

anyone use these yet? hear of them yet?

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I read they don't match the precip rate of the other nozzles.

3. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I have used a bag, mostly on retrofits and on those hard to hit areas. Not really sure I would design with them. At 35' why not put in a rotor?

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I'm getting tired of the MPs sticking rather than rotating. :hammerhead:

5. cjohn2000

Yeah I have seen a few with a grain of sand or a small rock down under the turret. Couldn't imagine going back to the dark ages when the MP's weren't around :rolleyes:

6. Wet_Boots

I could stand the dark ages when a Toro Stream Rotor On Steroids sprayed as far as 40 feet or more.

7. Mike Leary

With 90 psi and a 03 nozzle, the Stream Rotor kicks serious buttt.

8. Wet_Boots

the 320 series looked far more majestic than the 300 series - too bad the concept was so difficult to scale up

9. Mike Leary

Piece of junk, as I recall. Instead of the stainless arc discs, they cheapened it up with VANs and plastic arc discs. Finally dropped the the idea, due to the death threats. :hammerhead: I seem to remember it as the 340.

10. cjohn2000

I was told that the original 300 series was designed by Ed Hunter when he still worked for Toro and that the 340 (which they killed off a couple years ago) was a knock off of the original.