1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hunter has new 3500 series mp rotators.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by grassman177, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You are confusing model numbers. I'll find one and post some photos.
  2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

:eek: . . . . . . .!
  3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Mr. History lesson of crappy stuff does it again. :dizzy:
  4. Wet_Boots

You're just jealous you don't have one. :p
  5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

so, i was not on here for a bit, lol

so i was looking to retrofit some terrible designs with it, and was liking the extra throw of 35 ft.

why would you not design with them? not that i am specifically for OR against, just curious. i feel the slightly lower gpm would be handy on some places where you can fit that extra head and not overextend your zone design etc.
  6. Wet_Boots

Why do you design with a Rotator that doesn't match the application rate of the other Rotators? You tell us.
  7. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I would design for them thoug prob would only space them 30'. I limit the MP3000 to about 25'. I haven't got around to checking the actual throw of the 3500. I like the uniform coverage of the MP's and where cost is not an issue and the distances fit I tend to use them.
  8. GreenLight

GreenLight LawnSite Senior Member

In fairness, it's still pretty darn close. We are talking like 1/20th of an inch over the course of an hour difference when compared against the other rotators average.
  9. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

My point exactly. My boss used a bunch of those precision rotating nozzles the other day. Theyre pretty cool, not much on the radius end, may be 16' but nice solid streams and low trajectory angle.
  10. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Most of the installers in my area are going to do the cheapest route possible, choke down a PGP to less than 20' rather than use a MP. Most of them do not even know what a MP Rotator is, seriously.