1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hunter has new 3500 series mp rotators.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by grassman177, Jul 21, 2013.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i think the charts are funny. the gpm increases with arc increase, so././././././././././././././ and i have very evenly green lawns with square spacing. but i can see the what you are talking about. either way, they work and work very very well.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It isn't the arc increase numbers so much as pressure increase numbers, which make the 3500's water more heavily.

3. GreenLight

GreenLight LawnSite Senior Member

The 1000's have the exact same precipitation rate as the 3000's, so you shouldn't have any difference in runtime if all variables are the same (sun, grade, soil type, plant type, etc.) In fact, they basically all have the exact same precipitation rate (hence the name Matched Precipitation Rotator) with the lone exception being the 3500 does stray off just a bit on that, but I still say it's awfully close in a relative world, especially based on the alternative broadcast methods.

4. grassman177

true

but, i think i get better coverage if i run the larger ones longer, since they are putting down the same water, over a larger area. math tells you one thing, experience tells me another......know what i mean?

5. grassman177

ƒ Are the terms “Low Precipitation Rate” and “Low
    Flow” interchangeable?
    – NO – Flow measurements consider flow only. Precipitation rates
    consider both flow and irrigated area. A golf rotor can have a 70GPM
    flow and a low precipitation rate since it covers such a large area.

6. grassman177

another interesting find, the pgj has a better overall mpr than the larger sister the pgp............and interestingling enough also, the rb5000 standard nozzles have a lower precip rate than the mpr nozzle sets, but almost half.