Hunter head is leaking.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by TMT, May 13, 2007.

1. TMT

TMT LawnSite Member

I am looking for a Hunter irrigation parts supplier. It look as though the wiper seal has failed. Looking for a new one for a 4" pop up.
    Any info would be very helpful

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Uhhhh.... you're probably going to have to buy the entire head. Don't know of anybody that sells the wiper seal. $8-$12 for a PGP should be your cost.

3. Midlo Snow Maker

Midlo Snow Maker LawnSite Member

don't waste your time buy a new one

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

do a gut swap brotha!!!!!

screw in>screw out!!!!!!!!

you=golden charge it to the customer and take that pgp back to a sales rep when you meet him...hell give you a new one.

5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

You'll have to contact suppliers in your area to see if they carry Hunter products. If there aren't any then there are several internet suppliers that will ship to you. Just Google.

Sometimes the wiper seal is not the problem. Depending on soil abrasiveness the pop-up riser gets scored and the wiper seal can't properly seal against the indented scratched areas. Just gut the thing when you get a new one.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

We've had the scoring issue w/1800 series in sandy conditions..most can be
    blamed on crappy installs...not clearing away debris before the flush cap
    is activated & sand getting pulled back into the guts.:nono:

7. TMT

TMT LawnSite Member

I contacted a dealer in our area today and I am going to swap out the guts. The screw in screw out is an easy way to correct the problem.
    Thanks for the info.

8. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Our shop area is not paved and has DG down in most places. We installed a Hunter I-20 system for dust control and even though they have SS risers I get 1-2 each year that stop rotating or have other problems and need replacement. The DG is just so abrasive that it takes out a few heads. Plastic riser sprinklers would probably never make it at all in this stuff.