1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hunter: I-20 V Pgp

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Jun 18, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I for one love the I-20..

better spray pattern.
    good for larger applications-but not to big

these are the two things that come to mind right off the bat...
  2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Stiffer spring on the I-20 makes it crap for low pressure installs.

The stainless collar on many heads will spin independently of the sprinkler shaft, pissing off the would be adjuster greatly.

The nozzles are nice, as is the shutoff switch. I've noticed a good deal more leakage between the shaft and the turret than on PGP's.
  3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Warranty, Flow stop, pre-installed check valve. And in a world of PGP's, if being different is your thing, the I20 is different without breaking the bank.
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Hunter I-20 ~ Stainless Steel with a Heart of Plastic
  5. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Ok, the I-20 has a shut-off, the short range nozzle set (why can hunter make this for the I-20 and not the PGP??), and a longer warranty. I still say the PGP is a better/more durable head and more I-20's fail in the first two years than PGPs!
  6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmmm... commenting on the quality and not knowing that the "shutoff switch" is known as FlowStop technology? Next we'll be hearing, "Your computer's 'thing-a-ma-jig' is shot." :laugh:

Better stick to Googling for Sheshovel install pictures. :p

We use tons of the I-20 Ultras (ADS/36S) and they've proven to be (at least in our situations) very reliable. :clapping:
  7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

My real gripe with the I-20 is the lack of the smaller nozzles used by the PGP, not to mention their different size. Not that a #1 nozzle has much place in anyone's planning, but a 2-5-8 Q-H-F selection isn't all that outlandish.

Dumping the #1 and #2 nozzles probably does help the reliability record of the I-20s.
  8. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

We pretty much stick to the 4/6/8 nozzles and they work very effectively for what we need. I personally think they're a little spendy (around $18 for the SS riser here) for residential and I'd probably stick to PGPs or MPRs for residential stuff but it would depend on other design factors as well.
  9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Pound for pound the best head out..I-20 ultra 6" stainless. We have hundreds
    in service with very little problems.