Hunter I-25/I-40 6"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Jan 31, 2006.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone used them yet out there?

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i used the 25's on a motor cross track system
    worked great

3. PurpHaze

Were these the 4" or newer 6" models? I'm kind of curious as to how well the retraction springs work. We have ground buildup always occurring; after all we're one of the dustiest ag areas around. I'm looking at using them as replacements for the 4" model. I'm sure the buckets aren't the same so I should be able to just dig around the sprinkler enough to remove the whole thing and then pop in a 6" model into the hole. Then I don't have to dig up and raise the swing joint.

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

oops... didn't read well.... ours were the 4"...
    sorry

5. PurpHaze

Quite OK. :)

Decided to take a chance on them today. Sent my partner to our main supplier (not Ewing) and their reaction was, "Huh? Haven't heard of them but we'll see if we can order you a couple of cases." :p

6. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

We hooked 6 I-25's to a canyon fire relief system. 1 1/2" main, 90PSI at the connection. They throw water about 75' from the nozzles and get the slope pleanty wet. We used the 3/4" swing joints rather than bushing down to 1/2".

Other than that I'm not seeing that we will have a great deal of use for them in most sites we work.

7. PurpHaze

Another good idea for sprinklers Bill. :)

I've also used the 4" riser model for dust control in DG parking lots where they performed well. I'm now curious as to how well the 6" riser models work.