1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hunter ICC Programming

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Jeremy1592, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

............. ditto

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I might add, program D is primarily intended for drip irrigation on the ICC.

3. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

this is exactly what i thought the OP was asking when i read this last night...the short answer is no, you can't run two zones at the same time...now, if you are hypothetically asking what would happen IF two zones were set at the same time then you got your answers...i learned something tho, didn't know you could run D concurrently with other zones...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  4. jbell36

from KANSAS

i actually have the same situation to put it into perspective...16 zones on a commercial property, 12 hour run time...would be nice to have a 6 hour run time, which is where you are coming from, but it's just not doable, this system already has terrible pressure

you can't run two zones at the same time because you would be splitting the water pressure that the system was originally designed for, therefore you would have two zones not hitting accurately since they are running at the same time

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Why not just wire 1 & 8 to the one tap 2& 9 to 2 ect?

6. Jeremy1592

Jeremy1592 LawnSite Member

My system has plenty of pressure to do this. It has had some zones wired together by the previous "irrigation guy."

If I did anything I would unwire some of those and get them running separately, just trying to work with what I've been given at this point.

This ICC controller has been nothing but headaches... first and last one I hope I ever have to work with. Just trying to get some advice from others who have used it.

Another question, though... why would D be primarily for drip and how is it different than A, B and C?

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Because you can run low-flow zones concurrently through ABC, where ABC will not give you the option.

8. jbell36

from KANSAS

however to clarify, you CAN treat D as a separate module just like the A, B, and C modules, running 8 more zones if need be...it just has the OPTION to run drip, concurrently/simultaneously, with the other programs (A/B/C)

9. jbell36

from KANSAS

this is exactly what i was going to say, but i figured pressure would be an issue so this wasn't an option...

10. jbell36

from KANSAS

man, i love hunter controllers, especially the ICC...

let me ask this, what exactly is your reasoning for running two zones at the same time? to cut down on run time? you never know, you might start liking the ICC once you figure out it's capabilities...

is there anything else you don't like about the ICC, as in is it doing anything weird where it should be replaced? i've had issues with boxes before that haven't worked like they were supposed to, like shutting itself off, saying theres an error when there isn't, telling you the date is N19 (whatever the hell that means), etc...