Hunter IMMS Software

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by zman9119, Oct 17, 2010.

1. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used the Hunter IMMS software package?

Thoughts? Dislikes? Worth it?

I am getting close to purchasing it, but figured I would check in with everyone.

.z

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I'll prolly see it at I.A., but you got a link?

3. zman9119

4. Way over my head but I'll ask some purchase reason questions.
    Is it a price thing? What are you comparing it to?
    how long have they had it out?
    Do you get good Hunter rep service where you are?

5. Mike Leary

At a glance, it looks like a standard central system operation. Does it only hook up to a land line? (fax,ect.) What's the cost of the software? (RM is pricey, 4K & up!) Looks like a Calsense, RainMaster, Maxi-Com lite to me, but for certain applications, it MAY be just fine. I hope you have factory rep in your area! Let us know if you put it in service.

6. zman9119

I have basically compared it to most other central systems out there. Our main reason is its easy connection to any (most) of the newer Hunter controllers (Pro-C, ICC, ACC, etc). You can a site interface module and your good to go.

They have had the system out since 2003.

We have hardly any rep support from ANY vendor in our area. Being in a fairly large market it area, it sucks. It took our RB rep 2 months to contact me over an issue. Hunter... I haven't tried yet. Hard to find out who our reps our from our vendors.

The system can communication over multiple paths: Land line, cellular (which is how we would mainly use it), radio, wifi (I believe), or hardwired.

Last quote from this spring for the software was $2,600.00

==============================================

We have a lot of large sites that we take care of currently that have Hunter ICC controllers. Even though I am mainly a Rain Bird guy... I like this system so far with the simple add-ons to make them central. The only way I will go with this setup though is if the I-CORE controller can connect with it. I have heard yes\no\maybe but no true answer yet on that one.

I just got the go ahead for a controller replacement project that I have been waiting on now for 2 years and I want to make it remote accessible and make a purchase that will allow us easy connections to existing system.

I am, however, open to ideas. My budget for this controller replacement is in the $2,500 range (need to install a 3" MV, flow sensor, etc to the system. ET does not matter).

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Knowing Hunter, IMMS could stand for Integrated Management of Multiple Strippers

8. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

What is your overall objective with implementing the system? You said that ET wasn't important. Are you just looking for remote access to the controller or are you looking for flow monitoring as well?

9. zman9119

Remote access. Flow monitoring. Easy connection to existing controllers without replacing (if possible). One time purchase\access of software without "renting" software from a vendor then having to pay additional cellular fees on top of it (open to web based).

10. Mike Leary

Can't beat the price. It would be the local factory rep I'd be concerned with, though with the internet, you can prolly trouble shoot unless some thing serious fu^ks up and you need help/parts now. I hope you are buying it from a authorized Hunter distributor.