Hunter & MP Rotator

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bdb, Apr 22, 2007.

1. bdb

bdb LawnSite Member

As of Friday afternoon Hunter purchased the MP Rotator. This could be bad news for the Rain Bird rotary nozzle. Easier access to get the MP's.

2. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have any links to this news?

3. bdb

bdb LawnSite Member

Got the word from a Hunter rep. They were working on it for a while I guess. But as of Friday it's offical. I'll see what I can find out tomorrow.

4. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Why design your own when you could just buy someone else's design..

Hunter......"The Irrigation Imitators":laugh:

5. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

sweet, maybe now other distributors can sell them. Around here, only ewing had them.

6. irrigation man

irrigation man LawnSite Member

its true but hunter doesnt take control till this fall you will still be limited to where you can get them until then,

7. irrigation man

irrigation man LawnSite Member

its true but no distrubutor changes until this fall

8. bdb

bdb LawnSite Member

9. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Are you 100% positive that every "Rainbird" product (past and present) has been developed totally inhouse? You have a 50/50 chance of getting this question right. :laugh:

10. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I'm absolutely positive that RB uses more and produces less patent technology than any other company in this buisness. The real question would be has RB EVER presented a product from in house only research and technology? Might have been what happened with the T-Bird!

I think I would put Hunter at the top of the list of patent and tech producers now that Toro owns Irritrol, but that is shooting from the gut, not real knowledge.