Hunter PGJ Nozzle Question

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by hect911, Jul 14, 2006.

1. hect911

hect911 LawnSite Member

This is the first time that I use rotary heads.

I am watering a 64' x 22 area (all grass) and planning on using PGJ rotors spaced at 22 feet apart.

That comes out to 4 quarters and 4 half circles. with the #1.5 nozzle each.
    1.5 GPM X 8 heads =12 GPM.

So I read the previous thread on rotary nozzle questons and it stated that the half circle nozzles need to be twice the size of the quarter nozzles to make sure you have a MPR.

Do you guys recommend I just keep the #1.5 nozzle on all heads or replace the half circles with the # 3 nozzle.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Hector G.

2. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

You can put 1 gal nozzles in the corners and 2 gal nozzles in the half circles. I know the 1 gal nozzles only throw 19 feet, but you'll also be covered by the half circle heads that will help throw into the corner as well.

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I'd use PGP's with that spacing.

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Never seen a PGJ throw that far??? :)

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

No, I just dislike mini-rotors (PGM anyone?), and at that spacing, you could easily do it with a PGP and be able to sleep at night.

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Main problem I found with the PGM was that after they had run for some time their adjustment "screw" wouldn't function any longer; just couldn't readjust them if they got out of kilter for some reason.

7. hect911

hect911 LawnSite Member

It makes sense to use the 1 gpm nozzle and the 2 gpm nozzle with 22' spacing all in one zone.:cool2: