1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hunter PGP wiper seal fix

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mtorzews, Aug 3, 2005.

1. mtorzews

mtorzews LawnSite Member

I have a new PGP that has the wiper seal reversed. It doesn't seal and sprays water between the body and the head.

Is there a way to remove the seal and turn it over. Or do I have to replace the entire head?
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You can remove the cap from internal PGP assembly, if you're careful. Get an extra head or two anyway.
  3. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Hell, just take it back and get a new one. The warranty is (two years - right guys?) If you had it installed get the contractor back out there to replace it. If you installed it, get back out there and replace it, and take the old head in for warranty. If you raise enough hell, they won't pay for your time and trouble, but they might give you a Hunter ballcap! (chuckle)

4. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

ROFLMAO, would you have put that much value on a ball cap 20 years ago? Remember when you had a whole closet full of them and they didn't cost you a plug nickel? I started in golf and the boss would tell you at the AM start or when you were in for lunch if he was expecting a sales guy. If the Jake dealer was comming, dust off your worst Toro hat, if the buckner guy was going to be out, be sure and have your worst RB hat on, etc. And before that, you didn't even worry about wearing your worst one. Got to the point you wanted to have one on you were about to throw away though, because they started asking you for the old hat they were "trading" you for. Now you got to be in there 5 figures in parts to even know he's got a hat hid in back you could have.