hunter pgv 1.5 in.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by woodlawnservice, Jul 15, 2012.

1. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Where can I find diaphragms for hunter pgv 1.5 in. All suppliers local do not have them and I need then ASAP... anyone have online source? Tjanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Where you bought them. Why would you buy anywhere else?

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

sprinkler warehouse dot com

4. woodlawnservice

I didn't buy them. This job is a repair for a new customer ( apt. Complex) with 20 valves.. system has been inoperable for about 5 years and I'm having many valves not closing fully...
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. irritation

Are you sure they have bad diaphrams, maybe only debris.

6. woodlawnservice

Am I sure... no but after system being down this long I'd have a hard time believeing everyone of them were still OK...I'm sure some have debris as there.were.multiple breaks all over the system
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. irritation

Why, I find it hard to believe they are bad.

8. woodlawnservice

The system is about 10 yes. Old and has been off for 5 of them..I seen diaphragms fail less than a year in operation... out of 20 valves all of them being good... I dunno...guess we shall find out though... would you guys pull apart each one since I hav e the lines drained and check each for debris or go ahead and pressurized after each valve to test it? It has probably 10,xxx ft of 2 in.mainline and another 2,xxx of laterals leading up to the valves.... lots of water to pump out of each box.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. woodlawnservice

Every break was downstream of the valves though..that being said, you still think they may ha e debris in them? I know 5 valves r giving me trouble not fully closing and allowing water to pass. Therefore not giving me enough pressure to push up a whole new zones heads
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. irritation

It's probably had a main break causing debris to the valves. If only Mike was here to help.