hunter pgv 1.5 in.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by woodlawnservice, Jul 15, 2012.

1. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Clean all the valves and presurize the system; it'll tell you how many valves need to be repaired.

If you can't get parts, buy the valves and gut them.

2. avernon0112

avernon0112 LawnSite Member

I would open the 5 valves you know are not working. Then you know what you need and don't over buy. I always buy the whole valve and gut it. The price I pay for the guts is not that much cheaper than buying the whole thing. Then you have a spare solenoid when you need it.

3. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Generally I can buy the valve for not much more either... but these being 1.5 in the valve price is quite a bit more.. $45, compared to the diaphragm being $12....
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. avernon0112

avernon0112 LawnSite Member

That is much cheaper. Last time I went and picked up just a diaphragm, they wanted $40 for it! Seemed a little off to me. $12 is more reasonable.

5. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

check the valves, d a.

6. woodlawnservice

would u guys go ahead and crack open all 20 of them? I hate to do that but not knowing how many are bad and or dirty sucks specially when nobody has these in stock and r onbackorder. I'm literally having to buy 2 at a time from many different companies because everyone is out....I can tell I've got some weeping by though cause I can hear.it flowing slightly at the Pvb. Its causing other zones to not fully pop up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Why not dismantle all of them, if you charge T&M? payup

8. woodlawnservice

This job was bid ad a whole..landscaping, getting irrigation running, mulching, laying drain pipe, and sod work. I don't wanna invest to much in this or I'd be cutting my own throat some.... I'm still way in the green but out of the 20 valves...about 10 boxes r full of dirt with valves in there buried... I hate digging dirt outta boxes since I'm not getting paid for t and m...
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. woodlawnservice

Only need to do what's necessary to get system running nothing more. These people r tight. Its low income housing Apts.., meaning they have there maintenance man (fix) the system as he chops heads off... LOL they will not maintain this after I leave.. hence why it was inoperable for about the last 5 yrs.... I was totally mislead by the apt manager when I bid this job. I was told it was running last year and only had a few heads messed up..... so far I've found 2 main breaks 2" and 1.5", several laterals broke. Many heads chopped off and buried 2" under dirt,wires cut in 3 places, and now valves not fully closing.... they don't and I believe wont pay a penny more than my "estimate. Not a bid, but specifically says estimate on paper. So I need to do this as cheap as possible as I cannot walk off this job because I ha e over 5g in it as of right now... and I imagine they wouldn't pay me for work already done...
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

2 words wet/dry SHOP VAC
    Posted via Mobile Device