Hunter Pro C question

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by turfman59, Feb 2, 2003.

1. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

I think I have a solution to my last post on the pump cycling problem. Will a Hunter Pro C timer controller support two valves at once ? I have not been able to locate it in the Manual. If I can control 2 valves at once I can use even PR nozzles. Right now I have the biggest nozzle in the RB 5000's If I can control 2 valves at once I can leave one of the 5 zones full circle at 5.8 gpm alone and tie the other 4 into 2 zones at once....... What do ya think Devil Dog? Regards
    Bruce

2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

2 valves, no problem

We've doubled up many times on screwed up systems where the original installer built zones too small or a pump was upgraded without anyone giving consideration to the irrigation system.

For you neophytes (not you Bruce), much has to be considered before attempting this such as type of heads on a zone, sun vs shade, gpm of each zone, main size and operating pressure at the higher GPM. Sometimes tweaking nozzles will facilitate this idea.

Be cautioned that just making nozzles smaller to accomdate doubling may not be wise either. Ther is such a thing as too small to be effective.

3. maverick

maverick LawnSite Member

HBFOXJR can you please expand on '2 valves, no problem '.
    I have not been able to find out how to program to run two valves together. Can this be done programmatically or do I have to short the wires.

appreciate your reply to this.

4. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Wire them together in the field , but better yet put each individual wire under one terminal screw. You can not program for simultaneous operation with this controller.

5. maverick

maverick LawnSite Member

Setting them to the same terminal is indeed better. Thank you.