1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hunter Pro-C vs ICC Controller?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by surge, Jun 1, 2005.

1. surge

surge LawnSite Member

Does anyone know the differences between these two? Ie programming, durability, expandability, cost, etc...

I was going to get the Hunter Pro-C till I noticed that Hunter makes a ICC model. They look almost identical, so I am not sure what the differences are.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Standard installs do fine with a Pro-C - the difference used to be drip capability with the ICC, and higher output current. I don't know whether they put drip capability into the Pro-C yet.
  3. surge

surge LawnSite Member

Crap, I typed the header wrong. Anyone know how to edit a title? It was suppose to be Hunter Pro-C vs Hunter SRC. Thanks!
  4. Wet_Boots

SRC's don't have the 'global adjustment' for changing all the watering times simultaneously, and they don't have the 'excluded day' scheduling option, for the more convoluted watering restrictions. And of course, no additional-zones expandability for the SRC's.
  5. kerdog

kerdog LawnSite Member

Hey surge---

For what it's worth....
    SRC is indoor only. The Pro-C seems to be a lot more popular than the SRC.

6. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Don't think the pro-c and src look anything alike in my book. SRC is a typical low end controller. Pro-C is a little pricey to me. If you need 8 or less stations, it beats the ICC. If you get to 12 stations, I think the ICC is a better price point. The ICC also has some programing perks that the Pro-C doesn't..at least I don't think it does. The Pro-C manual doesn't show the "hidden" features that the ICC manual describes in the back.
  7. Wet_Boots

The important functional difference between the SRC and the Pro-C used to be the electronic circuit breaker on the Pro-C, which is definitely superior to the old glass fuses the SRC used to use. "Used to" - the SRC redesign gives them the electronic circuit breaker.