1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hunter PRS40

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dream Green irrigation, Jan 15, 2013.

1. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope.... not an engineer. Just a landscaper who has never professed to be an expert at anything. But over the 5 years that I worked behind the counter I saw more than a few heads of all makes and models that dumb$hits had hosed down with WD-40 in the hopes of making them work. But hey since you ARE a self professed expert in EVERYTHING irrigation related then who am I to question you.... keep hosing away buddy.... and I'll keep laughing at your old a$$. :laugh:

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't broken two of them down to compare. Functionally, the MPR40 stem is easier to adjust and the obvious pressure differences. Basically the MPR40 is just a repackaged institutional spray.

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Actualy I prefer white lithium spray grease for heads that dont retract so well.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, gosh, does that mean our surfing safari is cancelled? :cry:

1948-woodie.jpg

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Ya giving me a woody.

6. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

be careful..... Leary may try to spray WD-40 on your woody....

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I doubt it, he said he hates how it tastes. Just kidding Mike.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Reminds me of that old line (WD-40 is just fish oil) : "What's that smell like fish mama? Can't be sardines 'cause they come in a can, you been truckin' with another man."

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

how does one like the lithium grease>? and have any of you used Fluid Film. I have not yet, but always have it in stock. i cant see where it would not be any worse than nothing, if not help. might give a try this spring.

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

there's always KY