Hunter Rain Sensor Advise Please

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by MEXANDME, Mar 8, 2009.

1. MEXANDME

MEXANDME LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer that wants the irrigation to shut down right away when it starts to rain (one of those "the customer is always right" situations).

I read where the Hunter "Rain-Clik" (versus the Hunter "Mini-Clik") will do what this customer wants.

Have any of you used the Hunter "Rain-Clik", your opinions, advise, recommendations, etc.?

Thanks,

Ros

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Yes it will.

If this is what you need to do, then the rain-clik is your only Hunter based option.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Rain Clik is quicker, but none of them will thrill someone watching it start to rain while the sprinklers are running.

4. Bondage to Spiritual Faith
    Spiritual Faith to Courage
    Courage to Freedom
    Freedom to Abundance
    Abundance to Selfishness
    Selfishness to Complacency
    Complacency to Apathy
    Apathy to Fear
    Fear to Dependency
    Dependency to Bondage

Oh rats I thought I was on Facebooks. Oh well I'll leave it anyway.

5. Wet_Boots

Time to adjust the meds, Fimco :)

6. mowerman111

mowerman111 LawnSite Senior Member

Adjust Hell, I think he forgot take them at all :laugh:

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I guess I've never seen a Rain Clik in use. All I've ever used/seen is the Mini Clik. The Rain seems like a neat deal, with the instant shutoff, BUT what if it has been hot a dry and a quick shower pops up in the early AM? Not enough rainfall to help the turf, but now the irrigation is shut off for that cycle.

I don't know about all that... I kinda like the Mini because it actually measures the rainfall. (Im sure it's nowhere near accurite though).

I know one thing, don't go with a wireless unit unless you absolutely have too... Who wants to be replacing batteries?

8. Wet_Boots

I think the Hunter wireless units get replaced in their entirety.

9. TYRANT

Dadgummit I thought this was my scrabble game. Oh well I'll leave it anyway.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

So does the rain clik, and probably more accurately as well.

http://www.hunterindustries.com/Support/Installation_Adjustment/Sensors/rainclikinstruct.html

Unlike other rain sensors, you do not need to figure out the setting for rainfall shutoff. The Rain-Clik is self-adjusting. Your sprinkler system will be shut down within the first few minutes of any rainfall, yet the total amount of rain received is registered inside the unit and determines how long your system will stay off. Less rain - less time offÂ… More rain - more time off. This is why the Rain-Clik will make your system more efficient: no other rain sensor correlates rainfall amounts with climatic evaporation rates better, so your system will run only when necessary.

True ... however if it is anything like the WMSL15 and claims are true, I think replacing the battery once every 10 years or so isn't that big of a hassle.