Hunter Remote Control

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by sleeton, Jul 4, 2008.

1. sleeton

sleeton LawnSite Member

is anyone using the hunter remote control to run controllers, the icr, i have been thinking about buying one but want some feedback before i drop the money

scott

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

DUCKS AND RUNS FROM ML AND PH

3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

works great!! I changed half of grand junction colorado over to the ICR....good investment, easy to install works perfect

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

ditto...i bought the cheap one just to try out before buying the biggie.

im excited

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Two tips on getting a bit more range with the SRR when cement or brick is getting in the way - hold the transmitter high in the air, and try a different orientation (like a TV antenna)

One more truck is to touch the transmitter to your chin (like it was an electric razor) to increase range.

If the radio signals fry your brain....... Well, how would we tell? :p

6. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

didn't you use mine? the big one works great, we (as rotor will attest) have some HUGE accounts that the remote has been a life saver.

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

haha!

any other tricks you care to bestow on me?

I was thinking about jumping a few sensor ports to a basement window if range became an issue...Think that would work?

8. Wet_Boots

The general idea is to have the controller mounted against an exterior wall, and have the connector outside. They do make a special shielded extension cable, for more controller-mounting optons.

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

Fantastic...so my idea of juming 2 sensor wires together and placing out a window would work in theory?

you ever done that before, where there was a very large basement with few windows?

10. Wet_Boots

If you extend the standard cable, the wire picks up enough "stray emf" to produce an error message. Rules of the FCC game, that they can't alter the circuitry to prevent that. You have to look at the existing installations, and see how you'll make them remote-friendly.