1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hunter Rotor Question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawn Hack, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Lawn Hack

Lawn Hack LawnSite Member
    from TX

I am running the valve test cycle on the esp RB contorller. Everything seems ok, but one zone of Hunter rotors pop ups runs and continue to work at 10-20% after controller goes to the next zone. They stay slightly popped up at the last zone number 21. Is the Valve stuck?

Also, I have some rotors near a driveway. Any advice on cement doughnuts?

Got carried away with fishing on last thread so starting new one for new problem.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know if you liked my other answer but I will try this one. The valve is either sticking or maybe if it in a hilly area it is draining and that can keep heads up for maybe a few minutes. Shut the water off take the top off the valve and see if there is any debris (gravel/sand) in it. If not and still sticking go get a new valve exactly like yours take the top off and just replace the top.
  3. Lawn Hack

Lawn Hack LawnSite Member
    from TX

I am going to try to clean it. It is at a place where the ground begins a slope toward a lake.
  4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

It is just the zone draing. This is normal for any zones on a slope.