Hunter valve question

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by golfguy, Aug 30, 2007.

1. golfguy

golfguy LawnSite Member

I am going to incorporate some new irrigation into my golf course. I would love to pull wire back to a contoller for the valves. Unfortunately, this is not in the cards.

One thing that was suggested to me was a Hunter wireless valve system with a remote programmer.

Are these things reliable? Are they built to last? Any other information on them?

I am not into Mickey Mouse gadgets that are going to be a nightmare to maintain. Lay it on the line for me fellas.

PROFESSORRAIN LawnSite Member

I have used this in patio homes works great for me!jmo
  3. Camden333

Camden333 LawnSite Member

I know this sounds crazy but I logged on tonight to ask the EXACT same question! Weird. Anyway, I have seen those valves around now for a few years but I've been too skeptical to use them because I just didn't want to have any issues after the install.

You'd have to assume that if they're still selling them they must not be pieces of junk but I'd like to hear some testimonials before I pull the trigger.
  4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

We have been using the Hunter WVS system for about 2-1/2 years after searching for years for a viable battery-operated alternative on our school sites under certain circumstances. They have worked great but ours are 100% Hunter with the ICV valves, Hunter DC solenoid and the WVC controllers. Only problem I've had so far is that the battery went out in one controller and the site guy waited until the area was pretty much dead before putting in a work order. I replaced the battery and all is well as the area is starting to come back.