Hunter XC question

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by alf51175, Jun 2, 2007.

1. alf51175

alf51175 LawnSite Member

Have a customer that has a Hunter XC. Has been running everyday and she wants it to only water Mon., Wed., and Fri. Set these days to on and the others to off and she says it is still running every day. Tried to set it to odd days and still every day it runs. Does this thing have a preset program that I am not seeing, the dial does not show preset programs. And before it is mentioned she seems to have "misplaced" the instruction manual.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Download a manual from Hunter, and sell the printout to the customer. :p

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Get a sprinkler life..if you think you mite be a contractor.....run her show!

4. Greenguy1

Greenguy1 LawnSite Member

sounds like program B or C has been programed somehow, common problem when the homeowner starts monkeying with no manual, how many customers even understand how program B&C work?

5. ditto....................

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

It just absolutely astounds me... have a computer and Internet access and come to this site before checking out the manufacturer's site. :nono:

For the Google impaired: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :dizzy: :dizzy:

http://www.hunterindustries.com/Products/Controllers/xcintro.html

7. alf51175

alf51175 LawnSite Member

thanks for the input guys, will check that out. as for not going to hunter to look for a manual, just thought I would give you guys a chance to give some in the field info that a manual sometimes and usually does not tell you.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

As I've learned the hard way on this site..you don't exactly get a gold star
    for doing that!:cry:

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It's always RTFM - at least for a start.

(and the 'F' does not stand for FIMCO)