Hunza Twig & Walkway Lite

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Desertdweller, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Desertdweller

Desertdweller LawnSite Member

I have a customer looking for something different. Have any of you seen or used the Hunza Walkway WW or Twig TG Lite? If so what did you think.

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks odd to me. Haven't used. Most likely won't. But could work in the right landscape/ modern architecture.

Trying to thing of the name of another lighting company who won a design award for theirs that is a different shape but also sleek and modern...

Here it is, the Nalu from Dreamscape Lighting.

3. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Kichler has a pretty good one as well. I have one of these in my landscape and it really puts out a nice light effect. This fixture is also very heavy.

15375WST.jpg

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

The WW and the Twig are both pretty cool fixtures. My only issue with them is during servicing. They use a very very small hex head set screw to secure the shoud over the lamp enclosure. It is SS so a magnetic allen key will not work... be sure to place a towel or small tarp at the base of the fixture, or have spares for when you inadvertently drop the set screw.

I prefer the walkway light as it is more directional and produces less glare. That being said, they are a niche market fixture.

5. Desertdweller

Paul,

I saw that fixture as I was looking around today. Does it look decent or cheesy? It looks in certain situstions it would fit in great.

6. Desertdweller

James,

I'd be looking at the Twig to drop into a cluster of plants. Do you think it would be a good fit for that? Having never seem them except in pictures I'm not sure what type of throw I'll be getting.

7. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I think it looks nice and it's one of my wife's favorites. You can tuck it into some other plants to make it almost disappear as well. It also casts a very wide photometrics.

8. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Here are the Hunza fixtures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the Nightscaping Seegarliter. Different shape and height, different options, but a very similar concept. Not sure which came first.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Desertdweller

Gregg,

Have you used the Seegarliter?

10. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

personally i jus dont care for how the hunza looks... would have to be a very limited application.

I have seen the stick paul is mentioning and its a nice light but again very limited applicatons. Would work well in a wooded area or among plants.