Hurricane Blo-Vac vs Billy Goat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Nov 9, 2012.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

lol you STILL have ALOT to learn little buddy, Why don't you put one of your cute little $1000 dollar units side by side a hurricane and take a look at the size difference of the blower housing its self, The hurricane's blower is 1/3 bigger if not LARGER then the small blowers, So althoe it might only have 8 more hp it pushes twice the air from the bigger housing/fan.

But whatever, what do i know right???

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Guess he has never had to clean up wet leaves a foot deep on an acre plus. I had one clean up today where I removed 10 yards of leaves with my $4000 leaf loader and box. Half days work $500 and booked for the rest of the month.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

LOL On a whim I went to the best customer ever thread to see if this guy was the same one on and on about hating women.... guess what!

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

He's a joke.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Their demo video is pretty sad. I'd think they could have gotten a more experienced operator than that. Big ride-on blower and I could have moved the leaves he did in half the time with a backpack blower. I'm not saying it's a bad unit, but watching that video sure didn't impress me regarding it's productivity.

6. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

What was his other user name with like 30000 sarcastic posts?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought a Hurricane X3. It is a beast! Love that you can blow left, right or forward. Yes, it was a bunch of cash. Wish it had attachments. Hard to tell from crappy Brown demo video but from the looks of the video and the specs I would say the X3 has more blowing power.

8. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  9. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

ya I was going to post that same video.
    The hurricane curb video is pretty sad too. I hope that is half throttle!

Rodney, can you compare that thing to any of the larger push blowers?

10. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I have the 314 hurricane. It is a beast and it is a hundred times better than a walk behind blower. It also saves operator fatigue because it's a ride on. There is no way a guy could walk back and forth as fast as they could ride on a machine. If you are a one man show and you only have a certain number of cleanups to do and you will get it done either way than maybe its not for you. For me, more productive machines mean more work and less labor. Therefore, spending the money on better equipment directly translates to more money in my pocket. I think if you talk to anyone that owns one or has run one they will tell you the same thing. I have never seen a bad review of the hurricane but they are still fairly new. It's kind of like using a stander vs. a push mower. They are both gonna get the job done but the stander is far more efficient and a lot more expensive.